My little accident
Hey family!
Yup, another one bites the dust.
Thursday, Nank and I left dad's and decided to have a burger. I was making a LEFT (or course) in traffic...there were 3 lanes, first was clear, the 2nd one a lady stopped and waved us through.
We proceeded slowly, waved a thank you to the lady and had the front wheels just past the dip (gutter) before you enter a driveway when out of nowhere a Silverado appeared...and tried to get in the front seat with Nancy.
Both of us were looking and neither of us saw the truck..it just appeared...we are assuming he was traveling in the 2nd lane, saw the traffic stopped, and it was clear on either side, so he jumped to the 3rd lane..and waa laa...we were there. He didn't even hit his brakes...we are thinking he was doing about 40-45 mph.
Nancy was hurt and transported to Tbird Hospital, where after 5 hours they finally gave her some morphine, had her wait another 2 hours for an xray. Xray showed nothing broken (THANK YOU LORD) but she was, and is, in extreme pain. I'm fine...have lots of nice bruises though...just popping up whereever they want. I was ticketed, of course, but it really doesn't matter....nor does the Durango....we have it here, waiting for the claims adjuster either Tuesday or Wednesday. I think they will probably total it, but unfortunately, the kelley blue book, or even resale private party, is very low for SUV's right now. We had 4 payments left...actually, 4.5 payments. Not sure what we are going to do for transportation, but I'm fortunate to be working from home, now more than ever!
Very very lucky, indeed! If the truck that hit us was any higher, it would have been in Nancy's lap...if we weren't in a SUV, I don't think there would be any way she would have walked away from that. again...THANK YOU LORD.
So after we left the hospital, we went to Burger King. At that point we were on a mission!!
Nancy is back home now, and missed today, Monday, from work. She is still very sore and can't seem to find any relief..and then she is annoyed that she is hurting and feels wimpy..so very Nancy....
I'm just bruised and confused.....I swear, that truck came out of nowhere...Nancy didn't see it until the second it hit...she didn't even have a chance to yell or anything. Nancy hates that I said this..but the thought running through my head was...."my sis beats cancer, and I kill her for a burger"...I can't imagine what life would have been if I lost my sis and my best friend...not a good thought. But I am grateful she is only bruised.
Love you guys, all of you! Big (gingerly) hugs to all!
See you soon!
Cyn

<< Home